I think my first fashion blog will be on Friday the 4th after the career fair.
In terms of fashion, I don't have a tenth of Anna Wintour's budget. Hell, I don't even have a tenth of the budget of her dog walker's. However, I don't think you need a big bank account to look good. Some of my friends wear things from local boutiques and some even get their clothes from Value Village. Every now and then, I find myself looking at them and admiring their funky styles and sometimes, even go as far as finding their value village looks from places where I would normally shop.
I am also not too keen at discovering new fashion trends. In fact, it normally takes me a while to accept a fashion trend. On good times, I am a season late. For example, when shoulder pads were making a comeback I thought they were pretty silly, but now I love them and look for them in my next purchases. All the while the fashion world has moved on to something else to be obsessed with. Before he committed suicide, I never paid much attention to Alexander McQueen; I thought his collections were outrageous and un-wearable. Upon further examinations of his clothes after his death, I realized how artistic his designs were. They were impractical because the clothes were a “brilliant mix of design and technology”. No other fashion shows will be as poetical and theatrical as the ones put on by Alexander McQueen. In this case, I was late by a life time and I can only make it up by playing reruns of his fashion shows on the brand’s website.

No comments:
Post a Comment